Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
This programme covers the critical components of purchasing and supply chain management as practiced currently in the corporate world. It explores the basic concepts of managing the flow of materials in a supply chain, and explains fundamental relationships among the activities that occur in the supply chain from suppliers to customers.
- Introduction to Markets: Purchasing and the Theory of Production and Supply Management.
- Procurement and the Supply Chain Organization: Structure, Process and Cycle.
- Elements and Scope of the Supply Chain: Appraising, Fitting and Embedding within an Organization.
- Purchasing Policy and Procedures: Review and Application of Modern Tools within an Organization.
- Planning and Managing Inventory: Push and Pull, Just-In-Time (JIT), MRP, MRP II.
- Managing Product Quality: Applying Best Practices in Total Quality Management
- Matching Supply with Demand: Managing Capacity, Inventory, Purchasing and Distribution.
- Designing / Reviewing the Supply Chain Network: Modern Techniques to Improve an Organisation’s Processes.
- Dealing with Perishable Products, Sensitivity and Durability in Distribution and Supply
- Addressing Leakages in Distribution and Supply
Lagos: 25-26 April | 27-28 June | 22-23 Aug | 24-25 Oct, 2017
Abuja: 23-24, May | 25-26 July | 26-27 Sept | 21-22 Nov, 2017
Discounts available for early birds